Sunday, May 31, 2020

Half a decade later.....

Half a decade later.....

Oh my days....

So if I just pick up where I left off -

Five years later ....

......

......

Ok, maybe it’s not possible to capture an entire five years in a single blog post. We don’t currently have a working computer - or a good quality DSL camera, like we did before. I’m not even sure this will work on my iPhone. Let’s see.

During family scripture study a week (or so) ago, we discussed record keeping. Where would we be without the record of the Nephites? I honestly can’t imagine not knowing about ancient civilisations that exisited back in 600BC. We have come to know and love them through study of the Book of Mormon.

In addition to learning about ancient record keeping, it was an important reminder to us of our own records. Our family record keeping. We are a very ‘on again/off again’ family when it comes to journaling. It’s one of our (many!) weaknesses. We started again today - the kids with their individual journals, and me with our family blog.

To our children who will be reading this one day - I’m sorry there is a big hole in the middle of our family record, a big five year one! Especially to Sione, who is five. Raising you my bub has been an absolute Joy, even though there’s not much about you in our blog so far 😘🥰

For me personally, I honestly struggle to write here, as every sixth word I am interrupted by a child or hubby. It is a labour of love (emphasis on labour) lol

But at least in five years time, there will be something of today.

Today, JJ is 17.
           Benny is 16
           Lani is 14
           Sisi is 11
           Tank is 7
           Sione is 5

I’m not sure why adults get hung up about age. Maybe I’m just an immature 41 year old. And hubby is 4 years my senior 😝

We are still a happy, rowdy bunch. We still eat too much food and take too much time to get anywhere. We still spend most of our time together and haven’t killed anyone - yet. We still love eachother - and fight with eachother (at times simultaneously)
In my opinion, we are living the dream and are truly blessed. Each day I thank God for our family. Each member is precious to me. My patriarchal blessing talks of having a family who will call me blessed. I know my honey thinks I’m blessed lol! The kids.....depends on the day hahahaha. But they are MY greatest blessings and I’m grateful for each day to spend with them.

Today we enjoyed another Sabbath Day together. I really love having church at home. The Elders joined us today - these young men have covered many miles in a short amount of time. They originally came from Brisbane, Samoa and Tonga; then they each served in Ghana, Africa. Because of Covid 19, they were sent to Melbourne and have been in quarantine for two weeks. It was touching to listen to them as they spoke of their love for Jesus Christ and the gospel. JJ gave a lesson based around the scripture in Helaman 5:12 and had some of the boys help with an object lesson (see pic)

The Elders left for an appointment and dinner, but now they’re back to make some beats with Benny. They’re working on a church rap 😊

I am now going to clear up the dinner mess and get some dessert ready for everyone - care of the beautiful Tautai family. Thanks guys xxxx









Hmmmmmm, that wasn’t so hard. Guess I’ll
catch you all in another 5 years.

Jokes! X 

No comments: